- Date: Tue 23 Oct 18
- Timings: 1600 (coffee) for 1630 (start)
- Venue: Princess Mary Hall, Blandford Camp, Dorset DT11 8RH
- Subject: 5G – The Future of Communications
- Speaker: Prof Andy Sutton – Principal Network Architect, BT Technology
- More Details: see https://royalsignals.org/rsi/events/2018/10/5g-the-future-of-communications/
- Registration: via
- Cost: Free to all AFCEA, RSI and Blandford Garrison members
Speaker – Professor Andy Sutton, Principal Network Architect, BT
Professor Andy Sutton is a Principal Network Architect within BT Technology where he is responsible for 5G end to end network architecture, RAN architecture evolution along with mobile backhaul strategy and architecture. He holds an MSc in mobile communications from the University of Salford and has over 30 years of experience within the telecommunications industry. His research interests include; distributed and centralised RAN and core network architectures and protocols, network dimensioning, QoS and mobile backhaul (optical transmission, microwave and millimetre wave radio systems, interfaces and protocols along with synchronisation and time distribution in telecommunications networks). He also works on low latency and ultra-reliable networks architecture and design. Professor Andy Sutton is a Visiting Professor at the University of Salford and a research mentor at the 5G Innovation Centre at the University of Surrey. He is a Chartered Engineer (CEng) and holds Fellowships from the BCS, IET and ITP. Andy contributes to International telecommunications standardisation activities and several industry forums, he has published three books (a fourth is in development) and many conference and journal papers. He also has an interest in the history and heritage of telecommunications.
Free to all Blandford Garrison Personnel, RSI and AFCEA Members.